I know many of you are aware of all the benefits of physical activity. Right? Or maybe you have forgot the countless reasons why we should be moving every day of our lives? For those of you that have forgotten, let me refresh your memory.
Physical & Emotional benefits: There are numerous benefits that can be achieved with just 30 minutes of walking every day including:
- Increased muscle and bone mass to prevent osteoporosis
- Preventing age related declines in muscle mass (that means walking up stairs, getting out of a car, carrying heavy groceries, etc all is easier!)
- Improved circulation
- Decreased risk for heart attacks and strokes
- Decreased pain – especially those with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc
- Increase in metabolism to maintain or lose weight.
- Improved sleep
- Decreased depression
- Increased self-esteem & self-confidence
- Decreased risk for certain diseases like colon cancer, cardiovascular disease, etc
- And the best yet – improved libido! Yeah, you heard me. You want to have good sex? Well, start moving now!
So make a commitment today to start moving more. And if you need help, go to my website at: www.diabeteshealthysolutions.com for some more healthy resources!
Be Healthy, Be Happy!